|Cucumbers on the grow|
Zucchini Tomato Sauce
2 medium onions, sliced fine
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 green pepper or one eggplant, chopped into bite-size pieces
1 large zucchini cut into chunks
3 garlic scapes, chopped (optional)
1 @ 32 oz jar of tomato sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
4 large leaves of basil, chopped
- Saute the onions, garlic and pepper in the olive oil over high heat for 3 minutes. Turn down heat to medium and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the zucchini and garlic scapes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, bring to a boil. Turn heat on simmer and let cook for 20 minutes or until desires thickness.
- Serve over pasta, rice, bread, or grain of choice.
- Garnish with chopped basil.
|View while mowing down the oats and peas|